Majhi Bhagyashri Kanya Yojana 2022
From the central government to the governments of every state in the country have come up with various new schemes for the welfare of women in the state, Similarly, the Maharashtra Department of Women and Child Welfare has come up with a new scheme named “Majhi Bhagyashree” to increase the birth rate of girls in the state and ensure their proper care. this scheme will be mainly aimed at the overall development of women in the state by providing them all types of benefits from their birth, and education to their marriage.
Objective Of the Majhi Bhagyashri Kanya Yojana
The main objective of this project is to ensure the overall development of girls in the state of Maharashtra
- To prevent gender selection
- Increasing the birth rate of daughters
- Ensuring the safety of girls’ lives
- To build a lasting collective movement in the society for equal status and educational development of girls.
- Encouraging and ensuring girls’ education
Full Overview Of Majhi Bhagyashri Kanya Yojana
|Scheme Name||Majhi Bhagyashri Kanya Yojana|
|Introduced By||Government Of Maharastra|
|Objectives||To increase girl’s birth state in Maharastra|
|Incentive||Rs 50,000 /-|
|Beneficiary||First two daughters from a family|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
- The applicant’s parents must be permanent residents of Maharashtra
- It is mandatory for the applicant’s parents to sterilize within 1 year of the birth of a daughter or within 6 months of the birth of another daughter.
- A maximum of two daughters of a family are eligible to avail of benefits under this scheme (in any case if a parent has three daughters then the only first two daughters will be eligible to apply for this scheme)
- The annual income of the applicant’s parents should be less than Rs 7.5 lakh. Earlier, through this scheme, only BPL families whose annual income was less than Rs 1 lakh would get this benefit.
- This scheme only applicable for the birth of a daughter
- Beneficiary families under this scheme will get the benefit amount only if their daughter is unmarried till 18 years of their age
- The benefits amount can only be used for the education of the girl-child
- According to Majhi Bhagyashri Kanya Yojana, after the birth of a girl child, if her parents do sterilization, then a financial grant of Rs 50,000 will be deposited in the bank account of that parent in the name of the girl.
- And if the parents have done sterilization after the birth of the second girl child, Then Rs 25000-250000 will be deposited in the bank in the name of both the girls by the state government.
- Interest can be withdrawn only on the money deposited in the bank after the girl child is 6 years of age and 12 years of age. And after the girl child completes the age of 18 years, full money and interest can be withdrawn
- Along with the account, both parents will also get accident insurance of Rs 1 lakh and an overdraft of Rs 5000 under it.
- Residence Certificate
- Parents Aadhar Card
- Passbook of mother or daughter’s bank account
- Income Certificate (Govt Verified)
- Passport Size Photo
- Proof Certificate of sterilization of parents From Hospital
How to apply
No online application for this scheme has been issued yet but willing and eligible parents will be able to easily apply for this project offline, the methods of which we have explained below.
- First, download the form linked to in the article below or go to your respective District Women and Child Welfare Office to collect the form.
- After downloading or collecting the form, read the form thoroughly. Fill in the required information clearly. Now attach all the required documents xerox copy in the from
- Then go to your respective Zilla Women and Child Development Office to submit that form. thus your application registration process will be completed.
- If you want to get any information about this scheme, you have to go to Your Concerned District Women and Child Development Office