Uttarakhand Deendayal Griha Awas Yojana (Home Stay)/ Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana
Under the influence of lockdown due to the coronavirus epidemic, tourists coming to Uttarakhand from outside are not getting many specific places to stay. So Thinking about this problem the Uttarakhand government has launched the Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana for the convenience of those tourists and also considering the self-employment of the local people in the tourist destination. This scheme will help all those tourists to stay in the homes of local people, From these, the local people will get their remuneration/rent from those tourists.
Tourism Secretary Shri Dilip Jawalkar held a meeting with district tourism officials of all districts and regulators and officials of all major banks. During the meeting, he said that representatives of all interested houses have to register their house for homestay in the tourism department. And all homestays registered in the tourism department will be promoted through the tourism department.
people from Uttarakhand are simple and warm and follow the ancient Vedic tradition of ‘Atithi Devo Bhava’ or ‘Guests are God’ and they welcome their guests with open arms and offer personalized care and services, The main goal of this Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojanawill be to launch more than five thousand homestays in the state by 2022
Main Objectives Of This “Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar” Scheme is
- To ensure that tourists from outside do not meet any difficulties for their staying
- Providing opportunities for self-employment to local people and improving their economic conditions.
- Introducing tourists to the state’s food, culture, historical trends, and traditional / mountain style.
- Strengthening the tourism system in Uttarakhand
Full Overview Of Uttarakhand Deendayal Griha Awas Yojana (Home Stay)
|Name Of Scheme||Uttarakhand Deendayal Griha Awas Yojana (Home Stay)/Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana|
|Launched By||Govt Of Uttarakhand|
|Objectives||Arranging a good manner homestay to the tourist |
To Provide Self Employment to the local people of tourist destination areas
|Benefit||Uttarakhand Govt will allow the tourist For a homestay in local people house,In which the local people will get their self-employment|
|Beneficiaries||local people of tourist destination areas|
|Application Starts||Already Started|
Anyone, who wants to set up/construct his/her home as a homestay Center under Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana must meet the following eligibility
- The applicant must stay in the same house with his family and have to care for the tourists
- The applicant must have his own home
- The house of the applicant should have 1 to 6 empty rooms for the stay of tourists
- The applicant has to provide all the documents of his house
- If the landlord shares with the applicant as a co-guarantor, the loan amount will be given to the applicant only,
- This project will be applicable in the entire state except for the municipal area.
- Preference will be given to houses built in traditional, hilly style.
- In addition to the amount received by the subsidy, the applicant has to arrange all the remaining funds, for which he can also take a loan.
The UK government will provide a 33 percent subsidy of the total cost or a maximum of Rs 15 lakh for construction of homestays in hilly areas and in plain areas, the government will provide subsidy of 25 percent of the total cost for making homestays or up to a maximum of Rs 10 lakh.
- Under this Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana, any person who wants to set up a homestay will be able to easily avail of a loan from any bank registered with the state government and they will be given a special discount on this loan.
- The /state govt/tourist department will refund the amount of SGST (State Goods and Service Tax) for the first three years on the income earned from the home stay.
- Training will be imparted to the selected beneficiary families to care/comfort the tourists
- The applicant in this scheme will be able to take a loan of up to Rs 30 lakhs from the bank
Components of the scheme /Facilities available under this scheme
Development of bus/taxi transport facilities under the scheme, motor garage/motor garage Workshop Construction, Setting up of Fast Food Santer, Sadhana Kutir/Sadhana Kutir Setting up of Yoga Meditation Centres, setting up of 8-10 orbital motel-like residential facilities, purchase of equipment for adventure activities, PCO Setting up of convenient modern tourism information centres and development of tentage residential facilities, selling centres of local symbolic goods, star gauging and birdwatching, purchase of angling equipment, purchase of mountain terrain bikes, purchase of caravan slots under Caravan/Motor Home Tourism, construction of parking under Caravan/Motor Home Tourism, purchase of kayaking/boat, establishment of laundry, Setting up of bakery, setting up of a museum with souvenirs, construction of floating hotels, setting up of centres for rental of tracking equipment, suits, jackets etc., herbal tourism and any tourism innovation project in line with the attractions and features of the region can also be considered.
- Residential Certificate
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter Id Card
- Ration Card
- Pan Card
- Land documents and legal papers of the house, while will be register as a home stay
- Passport Size Photograph
- Mobile No/Email Id
How to Apply
If you want to create a Homestay Center or bring your home under the Homestay project, you only need to apply for online registration for this project through the following procedure
- First go to the official website of Veer Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Swarojgar Yojana,
- After clicking on the link, the home page of the site will open in front of you
- here you have to click on the register option. Just as shown below
- A form will appear in front of you where you have to fill in the scheme name,
- your name and all the other addresses very carefully.
- Upload all requested documents
- Then you click on submit button this way you can bring your home to the list of homestay registration
- Candidates can easily login to Bir Chandra Singh Garhwali Tourism Self-Employment Project by following the login process mentioned by us. The login process is explained step by step-
- To login, candidates must first visit the official website, which we already mentionedabove
- Then the home page of the website will open in front of you.
- On the home page you will see the login dashboard, go to that dashboard.
- Here you have to give a Username and Password.
- After that you have to click on login button.
- This completes your login process.
Selection Process Of Home Stay
As per a transparent selection plan, the beneficiaries are selected by a committee constituted under the Chairmanship of District Collector, consisting of Chief Development Officer, Tourism Department Officer, Leading Bank Manager, General Manager, District Industries Centre, Representative of Transport Department as members.
Please Follow The Official Guidelines Published By Uttarakhand Govt to Know More About This Scheme